Pass or Check-out – Take Care, Show Responsibility
Do you are familiar with Death By Meetings? – If all of your business days are paved by meetings over meetings, you are familiar with this. And worst, people in this environment increase in need of decisions the people involved as many as possible.
As a dedicated disciple of the Core Protocols, you are generally positively inclined to everything you do. You are engaged and motivated to commit. You concede everyone in your team her freedom and autonomy and therefore you claim this for yourself as well.
You know you are responsible and accountable that
- you should not waste your own time and energy by yourself.
- you should not waste others time and energy.
- you should not allow others to waste your time and energy.
Nevertheless, very often you have to have to
- ...restrain yourself wasting your own energy and time. – Use the Personal Alignment protocol to identify what blocks you.
- ...stop yourself wasting others energy and time. – Restrain yourself to the first commitment „I commit to engage when present.” and the second commitment „I will seek to perceive more than I seek to be perceived.”
- ...stop others wasting your energy and time. – It is your freedom and autonomy to Check-Out or to Pass whenever you think it is necessary.
You check-out (leave) when you are aware that you cannot contribute valuable or either the others don't add any value or whenever it would be better for you to be elsewhere.
The Pass protocol is how you decline to participate in something. Use it anytime you don’t want to participate in an activity.